Software Development Engineer
- Software development/testing experience with embedded systems.
- Experience Scripting skills (Python preferred) Familiarity with C/C++ or object oriented programming
- Familiarity with hardware and software interaction for embedded systems. Experience working with or building fixtures a plus.
- Strong advocate for quality, with good understanding of SQA methodologies & practices Strong communication skills
- Must be self directed, analytical and work well in a large cross functional environment
This is a high visibility role where you will continue to build on existing end to end automation for AirPods. You'll work closely with firmware and software teams to design and build the right hooks for testing.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Create, write and run tests that will enable collection of meaningful and critical metrics to drive program quality.
- Work closely with teams to understand requirements for tools and automation infrastructure.
- Build end to end test automation for audio products using existing fixtures
- Design and build test systems to support new and existing hardware designs
- Collaborate closely with software, hardware engineers to design appropriate tests
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- - Knowledge of low-level and system level communication
- - Experience with consumer audio or video technologies
- - Working knowledge of Human Interface Devices (HID) protocol
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $95,000 and $177,000 annualized, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.