Senior Communications Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team
Adding value to our customers’ lives is what we do. Whether it’s providing the fastest and most reliable Internet with TELUS PureFibre, offering the best entertainment experience with Optik TV, creating safe and secure homes and communities with SmartHome Security or making healthcare more accessible with Babylon by TELUS Health, the Home Solutions team is passionate about helping Canadians thrive in our digital world through the power of technology. Our team is the engine that acquires, retains and grows our Home Solutions customer base, leveraging our superior networks and services and the strength of our team to deliver differentiated value to our customers and grow our market share across Canada.
Within Home Solutions, TELUS SmartHome Security is now the fastest growing security provider in Canada. It’s an exciting time to support this area of our business that recently completed TELUS’ largest acquisition in 20 years, welcoming ADT Canada and their more than 500,000 customers and approximately 1,300 team members across Canada.
We are seeking a Sr Communications Manager to support communications for the President, Security & Automation and the integration of the ADT Canada team, while continuing to elevate our world-leading culture and finding new and innovative ways to build our differentiated brand, including our passionate social purpose.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As Sr Communications Manager for Home Solutions, reporting to the Director of Communications for Consumer & Health, you will work closely with our senior leadership team, fellow communications professionals and program leads to drive effective communications that inspire, enable and empower our team members. Importantly, you will support communications activities for the large-scale transition of the ADT by TELUS team to the broader TELUS family. You will also be an integral member of an integrated communications team who shares stories that shine a spotlight on how TELUS offers differentiated value to Canadians.
- Trusted advisor/partner: proactively seek to understand strategic priorities and cultural focus areas while providing communications guidance and risk mitigation. Balance competing interests to devise and implement appropriate and effective communications strategies that connect our people to our business objectives
- Storytelling: engage in clear, concise and articulate communications, displaying excellent verbal, writing and editing skills and confidence and creativity supporting the creation of strategic narratives and compelling storylines for Home Solutions and SmartHome Security
- Change management: partner closely with our People & Culture team and business primes to plan and execute an end-to-end communications plan for the integration of more than 1,000 ADT by TELUS team members demonstrating strong program ownership and attention to detail
- Collaboration: demonstrate superior client service and consultative qualities while working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
- Innovation and creativity: drive innovation and efficiency by looking for new ways to promote Home Solutions products and services with our team members, exploring best practices and challenging communications processes and channels
- Critical thinking: understand, analyze and simplify complex problems and assemble appropriate resources to tailor communications strategies and tactics
- Content creation: produce and publish multimedia content, including written, visual and digital assets for senior leaders. Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social channels
- Team member engagement: distribute communications that focus on enhancing the team member experience and support business objectives, using internal tools
- Industry acumen: attain comprehensive knowledge of the issues facing the technology sector, understand industry trends and effective people practices
Does this sound like you?
- Commitment to improving the lives of Canadians and our communities
- Obsessed with driving exceptional team member experiences
- Expert at uncovering and communicating compelling stories
- Believe in the link between brand and culture
- Passion for taking risks and thinking differently
- Thirst to learn and a keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends and current affairs
- Curious, creative, courageous, collaborative and committed to enabling powerful connections
- Team player that embraces a ‘no task too small’ attitude
- Strong sense of business ownership and accountability
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Four years or more of communications experience in a similarly large and complex organization
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required or extensive related business experience in a senior communications or marketing communications role
- Knowledge of social media and interested in sharing knowledge and best practices
- Analytical ability to produce performance reports and track the success of communications activities
- Knowledge of G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress experience and comfort with light coding/HTML is an asset
- Additional post-secondary education, an accredited public relations, communications or marketing designation
- Knowledge of PhotoShop and InDesign
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-AB-Calgary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good