Financial Analyst III - Capital Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Drive innovative solutions and better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity
Join our team
TELUS Finance - Capital Management & AFDA are dedicated and collaborative teams that support TELUS Corporate reporting and the overall Capital Project System, by delivering value added capital reporting to internal stakeholders, monitoring capital spend to enable executive decisions on capital investment targets, conducting thorough reporting and risk analysis on TELUS Accounts Receivable (A/R), and ensuring adequate Allowance for Doubtful Accounts (AFDA) have been provided for.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be a Trusted Business Partner to several key TELUS stakeholders groups. You will be a fundamental contributor to our overall company-wide Capital Investment activities and Corporate reporting. You will translate financial data into value added reporting and insightful analysis that ultimately helps drive decision making. Using your creative approach, you will help to simplify and improve our processes. If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, loves to solve complex problems, and excels at building relationships, this is the role for you!
- Act as a Finance Prime for an assigned Capital business unit, and facilitate training sessions to help all business units better understand capitalization policies and accounting procedures
- Support the creation and maintenance of capital projects, investment management structures and budget transfers
- Prepare accounting entries, monthly reporting, and perform related variance analysis
- Perform capital spending controls using project tracking processes
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements through simplification and automation, to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist with the preparation of information to address internal and external auditor requests
- Prepare Balance Sheet and other reconciliations along with supporting analysis
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests, which could include customer A/R and AFDA deep dives, as required
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Recognized for your 5 years of progressive work experience in an accounting or finance related field, preferably in the technology or telecommunications industry
- Distinguished for your solid knowledge of IFRS accounting practices, policies and professional ethics
- Valued for your strong analytical skills, data driven insights, and a proven attention to detail
- Known for being results driven, with a strong sense of ownership, and the ability to make decisions and solve complex problems
- Expert at working well in a cross-functional team environment and delivering customer-focused solutions
- Skilled in managing multiple deliverables to meet deadlines and goals in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and ambiguous environment
- Respected for your excellent written/verbal communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively and confidently with senior leaders
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office, with a strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Financial Management and a professional accounting designation: CPA/CA/CMA/CGA
- Working knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse (SAP BW) Project and Investment Management systems
- Working knowledge of VBA and Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Experience working with database software, SQL and Oracle
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-AB-Calgary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good