Model Based Simulation Engineer
Model based Simulation Engineer
Skyjack supplies construction rental companies globally with quality engineered, simple, and reliable access and telehandler equipment. Initially started as a scissor lift manufacturer in 1985, and has grown to become a world leader in the general Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) industry.
As a dominant player in a consistently evolving industry, Skyjack employees thrive on absorbing new information and have a thirst for continuous improvement in their professional selves. In 2002 Skyjack became a part of the Linamar Corporation and has since been able to leverage strategic partnerships and use the guidance of their parent company to rapidly change the face of the access industry.
Every aspect of the company is deeply rooted in Skyjacks safety initiatives as this can be an extremely challenging industry. Skyjack prides itself on being simply reliable and easy to do business with. This mission extends to the relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Design and maintain complex integrated models for simulation of physical system and machines
- Develop models and optimize and post processing statistical analysis from real world data
- Learn complex engineering concepts perform calculations & develop simulation models
- Conduct studies, test, and provide recommendations to internal project teams to optimize under different configurations and operating strategies and to improve operations.
- Research and recommend core technologies and methods
- Work with team members to coordinate/delegate development efforts
- Communicate between internal teams and vendors
- Outline project milestones and establish deadlines
- Write technical documentation and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/applied science or related field (Electrical, Mechanical, automotive, mechatronics or other engineering), or in lieu of degree, relevant experience
- 1+ years system simulation experience preferably in automotive/off road vehicle industry
- 1+ years of experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape fluid, Simscape electric, Simscapr mulibody, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software.
- 1+ years of experience with digital twins and very strong physics background, motors, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in a group and individual settings
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, algorithms, optimization, numerical methods
- Experience reviewing and interpreting software requirements
- Must be self-starter with great desire to learn
- Effective communicator with teamwork experience
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience building and validating physical models of multi-domain systems (mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, software algorithms)
- Experience in software testing skills in C, C++, Python, and/or with the ability to learn new languages
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software
- Experience with embedded software development, especially functional safe applications
What Linamar has to offer:
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
- Skyjack Inc. Plant 2, 201 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 1B8
Wage: $64,000 - $115,000 per annum
Wages will be reviewed annually in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
Hours: 40 hours per week + overtime
Overtime: Paid at time and one half after 44 hours
Stepping Stool Bonus: Eligible for 0-3% of base earnings, paid out 45 days after each Quarter closes. Waiting period applies.
Benefits: Safety Shoes, Safety Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Tooling Allowance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Extended Health, Vision Care, Dental, Drug, Pension and Health Spending Account. Waiting periods and restrictions apply.
Number of Positions: 2
Successful candidate may apply online at www.linamar.com/careers to Req#5523. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.