Senior Financial Analyst – Pension Investments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ready to unleash your financial skillset to drive decision making?
Join our team
The TELUS Investment Management team is a high performing and collaborative team that is responsible for the investment of pension plan assets and overall financial management of the TELUS Pension Plans. As trusted finance partners, we deliver value through the development and execution of investment and risk management strategies for a broad range of assets.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Financial Analyst, based in Vancouver, you will make a positive contribution through analysis of investment opportunities, and the execution of investment transactions. Each day, this multi-faceted opportunity will keep you on your toes with value-add investment management, administration and analysis.
- Facilitate the trading and portfolio rebalancing transactions of the equity derivatives portfolios and mortgage financing portfolios
- Facilitate the investment governance and internal controls processes with reconciliations of the various investment portfolios
- Consulting with external and internal stakeholders including investment managers, auditors, and custodians to ensure accuracy in the recording of investment transactions and assets
- Preparing investment reporting for the various stakeholders
Investment Management & Analysis:
- Conducting analytics and monitoring of the investment portfolios
- Participating in portfolio strategy development
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to successfully communicate with external and internal stakeholders including senior leadership
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables with a commitment to quality and attention to details
- Strong ownership and responsibility to fulfill our ethical standards
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set objectives and goals, prioritize multiple activities, and anticipate roadblocks
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, or related discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets), Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Working towards the completion of a professional finance designation (CFA)
- Understanding of investment analysis and valuation
- Experience in investment accounting and governance practices
- Knowledge of capital markets
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Reuters and other financial information systems
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good