Territory Account Executive, SMB Financial Services
Territory Account Executive, SMB Financial Services
Our Small to Medium Business team is part of our wider Growth Business, focusing on working with exciting growth organizations. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced team with varied financial services customers and personalized training and career opportunities.
Salesforce for Financial Services works to build customer trust and increase employee productivity with a complete digital platform built for banks, wealth managers, and insurance companies. Our Financial Services Cloud tool connects companies across their line of business, geographies, and channels. From retail banking to wealth management to insurance, 360-degree visibility into your clients financial profiles puts them at the center of every interaction.
Why Join Salesforce as an Account Executive, Small Business FINS?
This team is extremely tight knit; we celebrate our differences and wins and learn from losses. You’re joining our team, and we’re all working towards the same goals. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced team with personalized training and career opportunities.
This role is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in all things Salesforce. You will get exposure to a range of internal teams and business units, so your overall knowledge of how we work and operate will grow very quickly.
Our Banking and Financial Services (FINS) team is part of our wider sales team, focusing on selling into the finance industry. The FINS space is particularly exciting at the moment as there are multiple industry disruptors entering the market. The barrier for entry is high, and the customers you will work with are highly intelligent and self motivated.
FINS is a high performing area of our business, and we accredit this to the leadership: They have been in your shoes, and they know how to motivate and champion their teams. We offer formal and informal training for all people coming into this role, and this will be entirely focused around your strengths and goals. We encourage 360 degree feedback, so you have the opportunity to take your own initiative and blaze your own trail.
Day to Day
Our SMB Account Executives engage with existing customers and new leads to sell the entire Salesforce Customer 360 platform. They build positive, trusted relationships with both key team members and decision makers within their patch, and become naturals at helping customers realize value from their Salesforce investments.
You will use your new business development skills to develop opportunities, through both warm leads and whitespace prospecting.
- Close opportunities at assigned existing accounts and drive sales at new accounts
- Drive sales within assigned segment (small business)
- Acquire new logos within assigned territory
- Speak to Salesforce offerings as they relate to the customer’s needs and engage other Salesforce resources as required
- Manage high volume of accounts and sales
Who you are
- We have an open mind in SMB and we’re not just looking for Account Executives who have experience in SaaS. If you have been in a quota carrying sales role looking after end-to-end sales processes, then we want to talk to you!
- Embody a growth mindset – You’re thinking ahead and have a plan for yourself.
- You're able to craft a point of view, hold an opinion, and build credibility as a ‘Trusted Adviser’ within your customers.
- Self awareness is very important, and you must understand your ‘why’. You’re naturally curious and will be excited about the chance to absorb all Salesforce has to offer.
- We don’t need you to have used Salesforce before, but it would have an advantage. A genuine passion for technology, disruption and innovation is also ideal.
Working at Salesforce
Working at Salesforce isn’t all about selling. It’s also about learning, and we heavily invest in you with a month-long immersion and onboarding, including: a week-long product bootcamp, mentorship program, weekly coaching and development programs.
We are pioneers of the Pledge 1% model, providing product, grants and community service to those in need. We are proud to be#1 in PEOPLE's Top 50 Companies that Care, and are on Fortune’s Change the World list.
We provide every employee with 7 paid volunteer days off a year, and donation matching for all approved charitable donations.
We provide other world-leading benefits to all our employees, including;
- Health, life insurance, retirement saving plan
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Flexible time off & leave policies
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
Salesforce is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make software to bring companies and customers together