IT Release Manager
Business Technology connects people and technology to transform the future of work at Salesforce. Guided by our core values of Trust, Customer Success, Equality, Innovation, and Sustainability, we deliver business outcomes that fuel growth, drive competitive advantage, and empower our employees and customers globally. BT’s scope stretches beyond traditional IT: We are also strategic partners, advocating for the best outcomes for our customers, always innovating, and helping to shape the future of work. We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We are Customer Zero, the best example of Salesforce products delivered globally, at scale, sustainably.
We have an opportunity for an experienced IT Release Manager with 3-6 years relevant experience working in an enterprise software development environment. At Salesforce, they are accountable for driving and coordinating Salesforce enterprise project releases and regular Keep-the-Light-On (KLO) releases for internal Salesforce business application capabilities. They work closely with development and operations teams and program managers to deliver high-quality IT application releases.
What you’re really good at:
- Driving planning & delivery of high-quality enterprise IT software releases.
- Planning and managing release schedules and milestones.
- Proactively identifying and mitigating risks & removing obstacles to release.
- Possess strong technical program management skills to drive cutovers.
- Facilitating releases of varying size, complexity and duration by coordinating with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Working closely with Product, Engineering and Operations alike to ensure their corresponding needs are being addressed, keeping in mind that proper control processes are in place.
- Communicating plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Continuously looking to improve release processes to drive highly efficient releases.
- Guiding the completion of RCAs to ensure issues do not recur.
- Contributing to the team's initiatives to meet defined goals.
- Seeking opportunities to be mentored and to mentor others.
- Being flexible to learn new technologies and tools.
You have these minimum requirements:
- Experience working with technology and implementations for one (1) or more of the following enterprise IT application platforms: Salesforce.com, Oracle E-Business Suite, Hyperion, Workday, MuleSoft, Data Warehouse and Adobe Experience Manager.
- At least 3-6 years of IT Release Management experience in an enterprise IT application development environment.
- Familiar with Service Management and change control processes.
- A related technical degree required.
You also have these skills (Preferred Requirements):
- Salesforce Certified (Admin or Developer).
- Have release engineering experience and are familiar with DevOps best practices.
- Familiarity with a reporting tool such as Tableau and working with data to use/build metrics.
This role is Office-Flex (~1-3 days/wk in office) or Fully Remote
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make software to bring companies and customers together