Sr. Manager, Tax Modeling
Amazon is seeking a capable and motivated individual to be a Senior Manager on the M&A Tax team, with a deep and varied focus on tax modeling using a variety of technology applications. This position is available for Seattle, Arlington, or New York City.
The candidate will be responsible for building tax models using a combination of technology applications in support of all planning projects, including acquisitions, dispositions, corporate restructurings, tax policy changes, etc. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for building operating models to evaluate the impacts of various tax regimes on Amazon’s business. This position will be part of a team that works closely with business partners and members of the tax department to structure and support various business initiatives and transactions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop complex tax models and concisely summarize results to Tax and/or Finance leadership
- Work across all tax groups, including M&A, Tax Planning, Tax Policy, Reporting and Compliance, and Tax Provision
- Research the state, US federal and non-US tax implications of corporate tax projects, including but not limited to acquisitions and restructurings
- Develop strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Corporate Development
- Work to understand overall operational, data, and information requirements for tax planning, including analyzing tax data/calculations/reports, and understanding Amazon's technology environment and interfaces
- 10+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS degree required
- Licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M., PhD, MBA, or MS in Computer Science from an accredited college/university
- CISA (Certified Info Systems Auditor); CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional); CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner); CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics); CORPTAX (CORPTAX Certified Professional); TCERTIMP (Thomson Certified Implementer); Alteryx Analytics Designer Core and Alteryx Designer Advanced
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters, domestic and international, along with a working understanding of state and local tax concepts, and possess both tax and technology skills
- Exceptional Excel modeling skills
- Deep knowledge of corporate tax laws, including domestic and international, along with a working understanding of state and local tax concepts
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex tax laws in a business setting
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving ability
- Ability to multi-task between large, complex projects
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm, law firm, or large multi-national corporation
- Strong technical writing and federal/international tax research skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.