Business Analyst, Black Business Accelerator
Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator (BBA) supports Black-owned businesses (BoBs) to build sustainable growth by explicitly targeting barriers to access, opportunity, and advancement created by societal and historical imbalances. The program helps Black entrepreneurs grow their business with access to financial support, strategic business guidance, mentorship, marketing and promotional support.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to help us build the data capabilities and insights that will further our ability to deliver on our commitments to our sellers. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, who thrives in an ambiguous environment and loves bringing insights to undefined problems. They have expertise defining stakeholder data requirements and delivering complex analytical and reporting solutions across multiple cross-functional teams.
*this role may be located in San Diego, CA, Arlington, VA, Tempe, AZ, Dallas, TX, based on candidate preference*
Key job responsibilities
Business Analysts (BAs) are analytics professionals who work directly with our business leaders (Product, Program, and Account Managers, Marketing, Finance, and Tech partners) to translate the voice of the seller and the data our team owns into actionable insights. BAs work directly with the business and our Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to apply the best data to each analysis they own.
You will be the closest to the business and will be expected to collaborate with business leaders to not only provide data-based analyses, but also consult on what other data resources our team has to offer. You will dive deep on projects and work with engineers on our BI team on the right mechanisms to continuously inspect and influence the direction that our organization will take. A strong sense of working backwards and product ownership, alongside inclinations to collaborate with your team will ensure that the products we build and the analyses you conduct continuously improve the level of service we can provide to BBA organization.
• 3+ Years of experience working with data in an analytical sense
• 2+ Years of data visualization building experience
• 2+ Years of experience in utilizing data and metrics to draw business insights
• 1+ Years of SQL experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, or related analytical field
• Expert-level knowledge of SQL
• Experience working with scripting languages such as Python
• Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, S3, Quicksight, and Sagemaker will be used regularly in this role
• Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
• Experience working directly with business owners to field requirements and interpret results
• Experience testing causal arguments against historical datasets
• Experience documenting technical/data systems for technical and business leaders
• Experience working with data scientists on research and machine learning problems
• Master’s Degree in business and/or analytical field
Your application has been successfully submitted.