Senior UX Writer, Buy With Prime
We’re looking for a talented, word-wise Senior UX Writer to join our highly collaborative content marketing team, supporting a product with high exposure. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on the next big thing at Amazon.
The Senior UX Writer leverages their expertise to ideate and enhance complex UX strategies—turning them into core messaging tenets, UX principles and user-friendly experiences for a cohesive product experience at scale. They utilize user research and data to identify customer pain points and drive improvements for comprehension, accessibility and conversion.
The Senior UX writer acts as a mentor to junior writers and as the strategic bridge between design, technical writing, and marketing teams to make sure they’re consistent in the way they represent, refer to, or showcase the UI of all our digital artifacts. UX writing’s goal is to craft useful copy that is concise, clear and consistent throughout the customer’s journey with our products.
You will be a key point person for brand and content within the product team, working in lockstep with UX to influence product development, from copy creation and refinement to catching a typo right before a launch. Part of your role will be supporting the expansion and refinement of the UX writing framework and liaising between legal, product, UX design and marketing to drive consistency across external touchpoints.
Key job responsibilities
* Work with UX to define, test and iterate UI copy across a variety of touch points and areas of the customer experience.
* Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing copy strings, content flow prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications.
* Define and maintain UX writing tools, content design patterns, frameworks, tone of voice and specifications to help teammates manage and prioritize ideation.
* Own content lifecycle; pushing work forward on deadline and securing stakeholder buy-in and approval with usability rationale.
* Develop UX writing tools and frameworks based on user research and brand guidelines.
* Set a scalable copy standard, and drive adherence to UX writing best practices based on industry standards, internal learnings, branding guidelines, research and data.
* Act as a liaison between UX design, Product, Legal and Marketing from a UX copy perspective to drive workflow efficiencies and consistency.
* Problem-solve independently, and manage a high volume of complex programs effectively.
* Strong bias for action in a fast-paced, metric driven, ambiguous environment.
* Influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
* Have curiosity to dig several layers deep into success metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers.
* Continuously look for improvements through customer-centric data and insights.
* Exhibit excellent communication, presentation, copywriting, and interpersonal skills to sell through ideation.
About the team
Buy with Prime is helping people reimagine the way they shop….wherever they do! Our vision is to enable every entrepreneur in the world to reach every customer in the world through every channel they can imagine. Buy with Prime is a new way to extend Prime shopping benefits including fast, free shipping, a seamless checkout experience, and free returns to merchants’ own online stores, ultimately increasing selection for Prime members. For over 20 years, Amazon been empowering small and medium-sized businesses with opportunities to grow. Buy with Prime is an exciting next step in our mission to help merchants of all sizes grow their business—whether on Amazon or beyond.
* A Bachelor's degree.
* 4+ years of Content Design experience.
* 6+ years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role writing product copy for digital products utilizing UX research and best practices (agency or in-house).
* Available web-based portfolio of work samples with a UX focus (including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer).
* Experience creating copy systems, guides and frameworks.
* Experience working within both apps and web experiences.
* Experience developing information architecture and templated content for complex product suites and documentation sets, including localization and accessibility best practices.
* Experience driving programs related to online content strategy, content delivery tools, content taxonomy and classification, and/or the user experience with content.
* A Master's degree.
* Experience working with remote teams and an international audience.
* Experience shipping innovative, successful global consumer products in a highly-matrixed, agile environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.