Transfer Pricing Senior Tax Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
Join our team
We are a group of dedicated professionals providing critical expertise and support to the various entities and business units within TELUS. As trusted advisors, we participate in complex business transactions with insights and recommendations that influence decisions made by stakeholders and senior leaders.
We are practical and creative, providing innovative solutions to resolve complex problems. Our team takes pride in driving operational excellence, best practices, and optimum results which contribute to business growth and exceptional customer and team member experiences.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Transfer Pricing Senior Tax Manager, you will participate in the development of global operating strategies to improve operational efficiencies, ensure compliance with transfer pricing tax laws, and manage transfer pricing aspects of international tax audits. You will monitor global transfer pricing developments and implement changes to ensure timely compliance with new legislation.
Reporting to the International Income Tax Director, the Transfer Pricing Senior Tax Manager, is responsible for all aspects of transfer pricing planning, compliance support and monitoring for the TELUS Agriculture group. We are building scale in TELUS Agriculture through business acquisitions and organic growth and expanding our reach in the emerging agriculture technology sector.
The Transfer Pricing Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for all aspects transfer pricing including:
- Management of transfer pricing studies (managing budgets, liaising with external advisors and internal stakeholders, etc.) and preparing documentation to meet contemporaneous documentation requirements in each country
- Overseeing and reviewing the local country documentation/reporting prior to filing with the tax authorities (where applicable)
- Global reporting under the OECD/BEPS framework including management of Master File Preparation process (filing is done in Canada by TELUS), Country-by-Country Reporting, and Local File preparation and notification requirements for all TI group companies
- Managing the transfer pricing component of international income tax audits
- Quarterly transfer pricing reviews/risk assessments in support of the tax provision process and compliance with SOX
- Working with business unit, finance and legal team members to ensure appropriate development and implementation of intercompany transfer pricing strategies and agreements among group companies
- Reviewing and monitoring compliance including review of intercompany charges to ensure compliance with arm’s length pricing established by external studies; acting as a resource for questions related to intragroup functions and risk attribution
- Working with the treasury group to ensure intragroup financing is implemented with terms and conditions that comply with the arm’s length standard; managing external studies to support documentation requirements and monitor compliance
- Supporting business processes including collaboration with other stakeholders in the design of contracting strategies and appropriate intragroup pricing for new lines of business and service offerings
- Monitoring international transfer pricing principles and practices to ensure timely adoption of changes
- Responsible for process improvement and standardization of transfer pricing documentation to facilitate timely compliance while addressing documentation requirements which vary by country
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work independently
- Recognized for your experience in managing projects and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Valued for your 7 to 10 years of tax experience with 5+ years spent working in a transfer pricing role
- Known for your experience in dealing with international transfer pricing audits
- Recognized for your excellent written and oral communication skills
- Appreciated for your enthusiasm in embracing challenges and ability to learn new skills in response to changes in the business and regulatory environments
- Well organized and able to prioritize tasks and work on multiple files/projects
- An undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting and/or a professional designation - Canadian CPA or equivalent
- Proficiency in working with financial and tax software; capable in Microsoft Suite and other common software applications (tax preparation software, tax research databases)
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-QC-Rimouski, CA-QC-Montreal, CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.