Senior Manager, Engineering, AWS Clean Rooms
AWS Clean Rooms is a recently launched analytics service that helps customers and their partners more easily and securely analyze their combined datasets—without sharing or revealing underlying data with each other. AWS Clean Rooms is at the intersection of cloud analytics, privacy, and security, and provides customers a broad set of data controls that help protect sensitive data, including query controls, query output restrictions, query logging, and cryptographic computing tools.
We are looking for a Senior Manager that will act as “Head of Engineering” for the service. The individual will be responsible for owning and driving all aspects of engineering for AWS Clean Rooms. Responsibilities will include leading a world class engineering organization composed of multiple teams, architecture and design, delivery, and 24x7 operations. This is a highly visible position that will interact with AWS executives across the business. The ability to collaborate effectively with senior leaders inside and outside of AWS is critical.
The successful candidate will be a comprehensive leader – part builder, part operator, and part thought leader for all things AWS Clean Rooms related. This leader will work closely with the product team to define the service’s product strategy and roadmap, and lead the engineering organization to execute on the roadmap.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated success in growing and managing large engineering teams, owning and operating a highly-scaled technical cloud service, and operational excellence coupled with a sustainable pace of feature delivery. Experience in databases, analytics engines, or big data is a big plus.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to drive the execution of a rich and innovative roadmap; owning teams that design, build, and operate a highly complex and cutting-edge AWS service.
- Be a genuinely inclusive leader, with an enthusiasm for building and leading a diverse team spanning multiple geographies including New York City and Seattle.
- Rise to the challenge of owning and operating a service that is critical to protect customers data.
- Work directly with customers in both engineering and C-suite level discussions.
- Display a passion for innovating in the area of data privacy, data security, and analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent experience.
-10+ years building, hiring, and leading large engineering teams for external, customer-facing software products with highly complex underlying architectures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in databases, analytics engines, or big data.
- Experience in data privacy and/or data security.
- Experience building enterprise cloud-based distributed system.
Your application has been successfully submitted.