Software Integration Engineer, Factory Firmware Team
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
About the Team
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our Factory Firmware team. The team serves as the bridge between vehicle software R&D and the manufacturing environment; the team works globally and cross functionally towards supporting manufacturing with various KPIs, design solutions to improve efficiency, improving validation of vehicle software before it’s integrated into manufacturing, and launching exciting new products. The Factory Firmware Team is the eyes and ears of the Vehicle Software organization within the factory and often have the last say on the integration of new firmware to manufacturing – providing valuable insight and feedback to accelerate development of new software features.
This role will focus on initiatives to use vehicle software and firmware as a tool to improve manufacturability of our vehicles and develop solutions to ensure production uptime and quality. This will require understanding of multiple vehicle software stacks, from embedded systems to diagnostic tooling, as well as vehicle electrical and hardware systems. Therefore, curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts are critical to connect the dots between multiple vehicle interfaces and design end-to-end solutions together with other teams.
What You’ll Do
- Identify vehicle software/firmware improvements to aid in bringing up new vehicles and factories
- Develop firmware solutions to enable new product introduction
- Develop software tools used to diagnose vehicles that need repairs to their electronic systems
- Develop improvements to the testing infrastructure used for vehicles in the factory
- Design improvements to improve manufacturing operations rate, quality, safety, & efficiency
- Become a technical expert in multiple vehicle subsystems to understand functionality within the manufacturing environment
- Understand and debug hardware and software interactions during design, launch, and deployment of products or features
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields.
- Excellent at hands-on debugging complex subsystems involving network microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Strong C/C++ comprehension
- Excellent software engineering skills, one or more of Python, C++ and Bash
- Experience integrating multiple software systems
- First-principles approach to unfamiliar problems
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excitement to learn new technologies in any area of the stack
- Effective communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and split time between multiple large-scale projects
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.