Software Validation Engineer – Thermal Systems
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Vehicle Software organization’s Systems Validation Team with a focus on powertrain thermal and HVAC controls. It is the responsibility of this team to validate all software driven, system level, vehicle requirements prior to any new hardware or software release or new product introduction.
As a systems validation engineer you are expected to be an expert in your domain, have a deep understanding of the software/hardware dependencies in your system, and ensure our products achieve Tesla’s high standards for safety and customer experience prior to release.
Tesla is continuously making improvements to its existing product line, as well as launching new products at a breakneck pace. As a validation engineer you must maintain a close relationship with all members of the design cycle to guarantee you are prepared to rigorously and comprehensively test all new features and changes made in your area of responsibility.
What You’ll Do
- Work with hardware and software, modeling, controls and development teams, to maintain an expert understanding of thermal systems including: Powertrain thermal management, heat pump process control, and cabin HVAC controls.
- Develop and execute comprehensive system and sub-system level test specifications and test plans and provide feedback to development teams.
- Invent methods and build tools to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently and repeatedly.
- Develop prototype test setups to integrate new subsystems with simulated or actual vehicle components – utilizing software driven test automation.
- Investigate field issues through data analysis and issue reproduction.
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues and propose robust solutions.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the safety, performance and customer satisfaction with Tesla products.
- Promote and protect Tesla’s reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world’s most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide.
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or equivalent, with practical software engineering experience or proof of exceptional skills in related fields
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Strong fundamentals in heat-transfer and thermodynamics and devices like pumps, radiators, and refrigerant systems
- Experience with CAN and Vector tools
- Experience analyzing and parsing data to develop technical insights and make decisions
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with C and/or C++ for embedded systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing the essential skills above
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.