Python, Rust, C - Firmware Validation Engineer – Drive Systems (All levels)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
As a Drive Systems validation engineer, you will develop software for test and infrastructure. Create new validation infrastructure and tools, create automated test cases to find issues and verify and validate firmware changes, and be closely involved in evaluation, verifying, validating, and signing off on production customer firmware releases.
This role is crucial to releasing high quality software to both our existing customers and for new product development. Creating, maintaining, and scaling highly efficient, effective, and thorough validation systems, both in software- and hardware- in the loop testing, enables us to have high confidence in our releases and changes. Work with firmware, integration, and electrical engineers to thoroughly understand and dig into features and changes, build the required infrastructure, and develop software to validate those changes. You are not just executing test cases on a closed system – you are digging into the actual source code and schematics and creating automated solutions. As we grow our product portfolio that we support from our common firmware code base, automated and robust testing is becoming more and more critical.
The Drive Systems Firmware team is responsible for torque production, ranging from low level embedded drivers to power electronics firmware to high level application logic.
What You’ll Do
- At a high level, you will validate software features and embedded firmware changes (C) by developing software and hardware infrastructure (Rust and python) and automated test cases (python).
- Gain a deep understanding of the embedded firmware and features, which you use to develop thorough test cases covering both nominal and edge cases.
- Continuously analyze and improve regression test suite coverage.
- Own the validation release process for customer releases, including test strategy scoping, triaging issues and requests, and signing off on production releases.
- Create hardware board level test plans to expose weakness or faults in the Drive Systems Firmware.
- Create and develop automated Software in the Loop (SIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) validation infrastructure to enable reliable, efficient, thorough, accurate, and repeatable tests.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Any experience with Rust is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team.
- Knowledge and experience with automation and build tools is a plus (Jenkins, Docker, SCons).
- Ability to read and review electronic circuit schematic is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.