Accounts Receivable Analyst
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
This role is for an Accounts Receivable Analyst on the Financial Operations Team supporting Commercial Energy. This role will primarily focus on cash accounting responsibilities, including cash application, bank/merchant account reconciliations, account analysis/metrics and customer outreach for accounts receivable related questions related to payments.
We are seeking a candidate with strong experience performing account reconciliations with large volumes of data. The candidate must be very comfortable using Excel to organize and analyze data quickly. Experience using Power Query and SQL to organize/query data is a plus. Leveraging technology and improving processes will be a critical success factor to scaling our accounting work as Tesla continues to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Researching and processing incoming requests from internal and external customers
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Responsible for various aspects (journal entries, account reconciliations) of the monthly financial close process, with emphasis on the treasury/cash accounting function
- Collaborate and work closely with key contacts in other departments (e.g., Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue) to resolve reconciling differences and unrecorded transactions
- Assist with projects and initiatives to continuously drive efficiency improvements and scale accounting processes
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced accounting operations environment; experience at a public company is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; SQL experience is a plus
- Passionate about process improvement and automation
- Experience working with large ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.