Inside Sales and Support Advisor
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
The Tesla Advisor consistently delivers on an incredible educational, immersive, and exciting experience to all our current and future customers as well as create a memorable experience for our customers. They constitute Tesla’s front line and are our brand ambassadors, supporting our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working. You should have a passion for sustainable energy and the ability to create exceptional client experiences. While individual contributions will be recognized, teamwork is essential to achieve the highest level of success. We will reward team players who help others succeed and empower the team around them.
What You’ll Do
· Communicate with prospective customers via live chat, phone, email, and SMS to nurture and prepare them for a vehicle or solar purchase
· Respond to inbound customer support inquiries from current customers to resolve their vehicle or solar product needs
· Use a consultative approach to influence customer purchase while also aiding buy-in to the mission, business model, and Tesla brand
· Provide feedback and recommendations based on direct experiences with potential customers
· Escalate matters that require management attention in a timely manner
· Work on the continuous improvement of processes and procedures related to Tesla’s product family
· Deliver the highest level of customer service throughout the full delivery cycle and installation process, as well as continued support throughout ownership
· Determine if technical solution can be resolved for more immediate attention and provide remote education
· Assist with any campaigns that are requested by Tesla headquarters that include customer communication
· Perform additional responsibilities as assigned to meet business needs
What You’ll Bring
· At least 1 year of customer service and/or sales experience with proven track record to meet or exceed goals or bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong relationship management skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts
· Positive and energetic, excellent listening, reading, and communication skills
· Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve a common goal
· Ability to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays in an office environment
· Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, MS Office, internet navigation, CRM applications)
· Valid US Driver’s License and/or State ID and ability to obtain DMV Salesperson’s License required
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.