Software Validation Engineer (Software-in-the-Loop), Crash Safety
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
The Crash Safety Firmware team is looking for an experienced validation engineer to create and develop validation software, test cases, infrastructure, and tools to validate safety-critical embedded firmware and application software. You will own releases, sign off on regression tests, design the infrastructure to execute these tests and work with a world-class team to deliver high-quality software releases. Additionally, you will develop simulation infrastructure to allow for rapid algorithm iteration, including a pipeline to rapidly incorporate real-world data! This is a unique opportunity to build innovative infrastructure, tooling, automation, validation systems, and more while applying your creativity without constraints. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting-edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles.
What You’ll Do
• Create and develop automated Software in the Loop (SIL) validation infrastructure to enable reliable, efficient, thorough, accurate, and repeatable tests. • Develop and execute automated regression test suites for safety-critical passive safety firmware. • Continuously analyze and improve regression test suite coverage. • Own the validation release process for customer releases, including test strategy scoping, test execution, and sign-off. • Create and execute board-level test plans to expose weaknesses or faults
What You’ll Bring
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in embedded development or test automation. • BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience. • Excellent proficiency in C and Python. • Scripting skills in other common languages is a plus (Perl, Shell, Bash). • Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team. • Knowledge and experience with automation and build tools is a plus (Jenkins, Docker, SCons). • Experience with Rust programming language is a plus. • Previous experience in auto-industry or validating highly complex and safety-critical embedded systems is a plus. • Ability to read and review electronic circuit schematics is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.