Software Development Engineer – Steering
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
As a member of the Tesla chassis firmware team, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality embedded code that controls actuators for vehicle dynamics and stability. Come join a team of highly knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the safest and most performant vehicle control systems in production. You will solve some of the most challenging problems that span vehicle dynamics, motor controls, safety systems, and embedded software engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems
- Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high-volume manufacturing
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software
- Proficiency in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability
- Experience with embedded microprocessor tools
- Controls software and algorithm development
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing
- One of the following:
- Experience with power electronics, MOSFETs, gate drivers, etc.
- Experience with closed loop control of vehicle dynamics
- Experience with real-time operating system development
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$104,000 - $348,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Your application has been successfully submitted.