Product Manager, Smart City Solutions (IoT & Insights)
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
The IoT and Insights team is seeking a passionate Product Manager to accelerate our Smart City strategy and product mix. TELUS is expanding its position in this developing space, and this is your opportunity to join a growing portfolio by being a visionary. You will have the chance to generate ideas and build solutions to drive successful outcomes for our municipal customers. This team provides a fast-paced and exciting environment for candidates passionate about developing capabilities and bringing new solutions to market.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
Reporting into the Director, Insights & Smart Cities and working closely with the Senior Product Manager, Smart City Solutions, this is a cross functional role which works across all Smart City Products within the Business Solutions Product Organisation, building a platform capability to pull together all Smart City products, providing our municipalities with a single application framework, and consolidated analytics. You will strive to create continuous improvement on our existing product lines, creating differentiation that will provide our sales teams with compelling value propositions to share with our customers. You will be accountable for the product development, working closely with our technology teams, and owning the effective service delivery and support of the product line. Additionally, you will maintain the pulse of the market both directly with customers and through our sales and technical sales teams. The goal is for you to drive our partners and product development team to ensure we are able to adapt our service offerings to the latest market needs. You will do so with a strong focus on customer experience, ensuring that our existing and future customers are likely to recommend TELUS to future customers.
What you can expect from the role
- Creation of key product artefacts such as business case, scope, product requirements, and acceptance criteria for all future releases of the Smart City Platform, as well as key Smart City solutions
- Coordination of product development efforts across a range of stakeholders, such as Technology, Security, Privacy, Legal, and Procurement teams
- Creation of operating and service model of a multi-product platform play for municipal customers
- Identify and recommend new product and service opportunities through business case development using market data, competitive intelligence and industry trends; communicate and secure buy-in from senior leaders
- Monitor and analyse market and technology trends and the competitive landscape to identify potential new product and service ideas
- Develop competitive differentiation and benchmarking against our competitors
- Work with procurement and legal on contract development for updating current and creating new services
- Make data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
- Develop go-to-market material in conjunction with product marketing teams; highlighting our overall value proposition and customer ROI
- Ensure that sales training is optimized to successfully position new capabilities to our customers
- As the product owner, support the sales team during customer and prospect meetings, as needed, to answer technical and product questions
- Support customers and partners on any product-related questions during discovery, proof of concept or integration
- Manage relationships with vendors and/or partners to support the launch of new services
- Develop go-to-market material for new services in conjunction with product marketing teams; highlighting our value proposition to specific verticals
- Support the annual strategic planning and capital planning cycles for your portfolio
- Support business development activities by participating in key industry events, conferences and meetings as necessary to promote our vision to prospective customers and strategic partners
- Strong understanding of Data Analytics, and Data Management Principles
- Previous experience working on platform products, particularly working with multiple vendors, data sets and data analytics use cases.
- Strong understanding and previous experience of stitching multiple disparate capabilities together within a united platform application framework
- Previous experience coordinating and working across cross functional teams
- Previous experience working across buy, build and partner product development efforts, particularly hybrid options
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to distill complex and/or ambiguous problems into clear, actionable plans
- Experience developing new products and taking them from concept to a successful market launch
- Experience working with both Waterfall and Agile service development and project management processes
- Ability to effectively communicate, sell ideas and influence, build your vision and gain buy-in across the organization
- A passion for sharing your knowledge & expertise with team members and eagerness to learn from others
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with fast-paced, changing, potentially ambiguous environments
What we give back to you:
- Opportunity to show your stuff and be recognized and rewarded for excelling
- A dynamic and collaborative environment
- Opportunities for personal development through training, networking and career development
- An organization that actively supports you giving back to the community you live in
- A place that embraces our core values: Spirited teamwork, Courage to innovate, Embrace change and Initiate opportunity, and a Passion for growth
- Flexible work styles with the ability to work in and out of the office
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- University or college degree / certification, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business
- Strong Data Analytics / Platform Product experience highly desirable
- 4+ years of experience performing Product Management related responsibilities
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.