University Recruiting Intern-Summer 2023
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
This role will follow Lenovo's hybrid guidelines of 3 days in office and 2 remote. We expect this intern to join us in the office during the summer.
About our Team
The University Recruiting teams sits at the intersection of campus hiring and diversity & inclusion. We are the face of Lenovo for all internships and early-career opportunities within the company. Our team is responsible for building partnerships with top universities and hiring diverse and talented employees as part of a global strategic initiative to drive innovation and transformation across all organizations. Our team is central to bringing Lenovo and Motorola the early-career talent it needs to compete, grow, transform, and ultimately succeed.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will support all aspects of the university recruitment cycle by partnering closely with our recruiting team, HR and hiring managers to understand the talent market, utilize recruitment marketing, and generate talent pipelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the recruitment process, including strategy development, posting jobs, sourcing, diversity recruiting, referral campaigns, candidate outreach, social media and employment branding, and hiring.
- Coordinate, event plan and provide support for virtual recruiting events and interviews.
- Build Lenovo’s pipeline of top talent from diverse backgrounds to support our mission to build a diverse and inclusive population and work culture.
- Program Manage intern hiring projects.
- Utilize Applicant Tracking System to process, track & hire candidates.
- Develop and maintain reporting and metrics for candidate pipelines and recruiting programs.
- Make sure all Lenovo hiring practices remain compliant with OFCCP guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that will have a big impact on our team and Lenovo as a whole. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills including recruiting, program management, event planning, marketing, analytics, and communication.
Who You Are
- A current student enrolled in an accredited degree program
- 6+ months of HR, marketing, or recruiting experience (can be from coursework or internships)
- Demonstrated professional communication skills
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and knowledge of recruiting process
- Social media, employment branding, or marketing skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities quickly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.