Staff Engineer, Data Mining
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
- Act as a consultant to business stakeholders and drive competencies within the organization related to the use of data and metrics in decision making
- Create a data-centric organizational environment that allows for empowerment of users to create visualizations across the organization
- Remain abreast on industry trends related to BI and drive a data driven culture
- Assist users in the migration from Tableau to Power BI platform and processes
- Transform data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals
- Be the subject matter expert and trusted partner supporting the analytical needs of our business partners
- Stay current on data visualization best practices in the field
- Bachelors/master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics or Science
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in BI tools including Tableau and PowerBI
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in SQL and data modeling
- Knowledgeable in with Python scripting
- Experience as a business analyst
- Expertise in visualization methods such as infographics, dashboards, bubble cloud, scatter plot, tree
- Good graphical design abilities
- Enjoy developing & implementing meaningful metrics, dashboards, and reports for end-users and leadership using BI visualization tools
- Ability to understand problems by using data and develop storytelling visuals
- Ability to communicate with highly technical associates and transform content for end users
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Natural sense of teamwork, collaboration and timeliness reflected in daily work ethic
- Genuine commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience working in Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Google BigQuery or Azure Synapse a plus
- Experience with ETL tools like Talend or Azure Data Factory a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.