Executive Communications and Reputation Manager
Executive Communications and Reputation Manager, HP Workforce Services and Solutions
The Executive Communications and Reputation Manager, HP Workforce Services & Solutions (WSS) will lead all aspects of communications pertaining to the President of HP’s WSS business unit – including stakeholder engagement, media relations, social media and partnership on employee communications. This role will be a trusted partner to the Office of the President and be responsible for developing the executive’s communications strategy and content. The leader will combine a deep understanding of current events and HP business priorities with disciplined execution and meticulous attention to detail to drive measurable results. This role reports to the Global Head of WSS Communications, which is part of the Product & Services Communications (PSC) team. In addition to leading Executive Communications, this role will also be a thought partner to the head of WSS Communication in all things reputation and corporate in nature, including but not limited to crisis communications, sustainability and corporate strategy. Additionally, this role will require collaboration with Executive Communications managers for other business units supported by Product & Services Communications, the wider WSS staff and other leaders on a daily basis.
- Developing and executing executive communications strategy and plan.
- Overseeing the President’s content for all WSS employee communications, including town hall meetings, written content, and other channels used for engaging with employees.
- Writing speeches and talking points for external events and public engagements.
- Drafting concise yet thorough briefing materials used to prepare for engagements.
- Driving proactive external engagement with key opinion leaders that expand the executive’s network and support broader HP business objectives.
- Partnering closely with head of print media relations to drive a sustained media program.
- Elevating President’s voice on specific topics aligned with business strategy, including innovation, sustainability, diversity, and through mix of speaking engagements and published written pieces.
- Overseeing social media strategy, with focus on leveraging platforms to drive engagement across priority audiences and topics.
- Building and maintaining relationships with other members of the WSS leadership team to inform communications strategy and content.
- Implementing processes that drive long-term planning, high-quality content gathering, and rigorous execution across all aspects of executive communications.
- Manage external agency supporting executive communications and content.
- Support on relevant crisis communications and corporate storytelling, specifically centered around HP Print, Print strategy and related issues.
- At least 12-15 years of communications leadership experience.
- Significant executive communications experience.
- A great writer, with experience spanning speech writing, messaging and talking points.
- Strong executive presence that inspires trust and confidence.
- Strategic thinker with a strong grasp on global issues, current events and business trends.
- Sound judgement, with the ability to balance short- and long-term priorities in a disciplined manner.
- A good understanding of the public policy landscape and implications for global companies.
- Experience managing an executive’s social media presence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and calmly adapts to change when needed.
- A strong external network that can be leveraged to support strategic objectives.
- Experience effectively managing relationships with external agency partners to maximize impact.
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Your application has been successfully submitted.