Employee Communications Senior Strategist
The Employee Communications Senior Strategist is a consultant to HP leaders, an advocate for employees, and a steward of HP’s business, brand, and culture. In this role, you’ll work closely with change experience leads, functional and business leaders, and subject matter experts to help internal audiences understand and embrace their role in advancing HP’s transformation agenda.
HP’s transformation strategy to become a more agile, digitally adept, and customer-obsessed company includes initiatives that are fundamentally changing the day-to-day experiences of employees—as well as presenting new opportunities for their personal development and career. Your job is to provide employees with information, insights, and forums that empower them to adapt to these changes while deepening their engagement with HP.
This happens to be your superpower. You excel at deciphering qualitative and quantitative data to develop actionable insights into employees’ expectations, perceptions, and behaviors. You understand that everyone navigates change differently and that appealing to the heart is as important as the mind. You know how to spot the through line, no matter how complex or uncertain the assignment. Better yet, you know how to translate that through line into a story that others can see themselves in.
As an advocate for busy employees, you’ll be a stickler for clarity and concision. You’ll translate technical and business jargon into accessible, relevant messages that resonate and stick. While you won’t necessarily be responsible for design, layout, or production, you’ll have an appreciation for the power of visual media and understanding of the respective strengths of diverse channels.
Every day is different, but in general you’ll lead all aspects of integrated, long-term communication programs, including discovery, strategy, planning, writing, production, publishing / distribution, measurement, and reporting. This role also includes a necessary element of project management, particularly in setting a project’s scope, team member roles and responsibilities, managing reviews, and ensuring deliverables remain on track. You’ll need to be experienced with working across a matrixed organization to advise, influence, and push work along, when necessary.
On occasion, this role may also be enlisted to lead or support leadership or organizational announcements, mergers or acquisitions, crisis communications, and other sensitive assignments.
The Employee Communications Senior Strategist is a member of the global Employee Communications team, which sits in Corporate Affairs. Our team helps HP’s 55,000 employees in more than 60 countries internalize HP’s vision, mission, strategy, and business priorities. As HP continues its transformation, our communications inspire employees to connect with and contribute to the HP Way, and to feel pride in the products they help create and deliver to our customers.
Key areas of responsibility
- Consult with HP leaders to translate their business goals into desired employee outcomes.
- Lead strategy, planning, and execution for complex, extended internal communication campaigns. Scope of work typically includes developing positioning, messaging, tone, tactical plan, and related deliverables for distribution across numerous channels and forums.
- Seek out and use insights into manager and employee attitudes, perceptions, and behaviors to shape experience design and communications strategy.
- Develop and manage trusted relationships with leaders and program owners to facilitate collaboration, insights, problem-solving, and feedback.
- Own accountability for overall project management and on-time delivery of communication plans and deliverables. Identify and enlist internal/external resources to meet program commitments, as needed.
- Plan and lead discovery, ideation, and problem-solving sessions with stakeholders.
- Work independently and with extended team members to conceptualize, write, edit, and produce an array of communication deliverables that are clear, concise, accessible, and relevant to their intended audiences.
- Gather, interpret, and respond to new information, requirements, or opportunities quickly to enhance program design and delivery.
- Maintain a holistic perspective to connect dots between programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience and help shape the culture.
- Measure and report out on program performance; share insights, lessons, and best practices with other experience and communication practitioners across HP.
Reporting and management line
This role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Employee Communications Strategy Lead and leading others primarily through influence.
With 10+ years of combined experience in corporate communications and/or employee communication and change management roles, this individual demonstrates:
- Passion for employee communications and the overall employee experience.
- Deep knowledge of employee communications strategy, tools, and vehicles.
- An ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a way that is engaging, clear, grammatically correct, and actionable.
- An understanding of best practices in building internal social communities.
- Effectiveness at working in a complex, cross-functional, team-based environment with stakeholders and influencers across different levels and areas of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to lead through influence.
- Excellence in process development and systems thinking.
- Experience in managing change and business transformations, preferably including organizational changes.
- Business acumen and understanding of global public technology companies.
- A desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to everything they do.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and adaptability to change.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Your application has been successfully submitted.