Corporate Financial Reporting – SEC
Corporate Financial Reporting is looking for a self-driven and motivated professional with about 10 years of experience in SEC filings. As a key member of the SEC team, this position is responsible for SEC Filings and earnings release related items. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide pro-active support to the all the teams involved in filing of 10-Q/K, earnings release etc.
- Ensure accounting for and compliance with US GAAP and SEC rules
- Actively track the new rules/regulations issued by SEC and other authorities and ensure implementation of the requirements
- Active benchmarking from time to time to ensure HP’s financials are comparable and compliant with the requirements
- Work very closely with the IR team on the earnings material
- Frequent interaction with business group, corporate controller and other corporate departments
- Leads complex financial analysis and exercise a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting, as relevant
- Proactively drives process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function globally
- Responsible for maintaining strong control environment – actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with SEC process
- Manages relationship with external stakeholders (e.g., legal, IR, FP&A, Business Finance etc.)
- Ability to influence within a broad scope
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree (finance or accounting); advanced finance / accounting certification preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills
- 10+ years of experience in a finance function
- 2+ years of leading a project team experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent business acumen
- Strong understanding of the company’s policies and processes
- Manage time effectively, with the ability to handle several concurrent projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
HP is an equal opportunity employer: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c08129225
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Your application has been successfully submitted.