Group Lead CS Field Application Engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Creating Tomorrow’s Value: We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
Your team is responsible for providing and maintaining lithography and/or metrology applications solutions. The team operates in the environment of overlay/imaging/focus performance of ASML’s lithographic equipment, (integrated) metrology. The choices that are made by the customer on node process and metrology mark design, as well as process control strategies influence this performance and choices for viable solutions.
You are able to support the teams’ technical analysis and drive its’ quality and efficiency, as well as people and skill development. You integrate the operational activities of the team towards the customer and towards the application manager. Being part of the operational apps management team, you contribute to structural improvements of our performance to the customer. You ensure knowledge and best practices are shared within the global apps community, and that process improvements are aligned and implemented.
You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by your highly skilled engineering team and a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network. You will be working intimately with customers at high technical level. You are able to translate customer issues into problem statements and solution directions, and are determined to drive lithography patterning roadblocks into ASMLs product portfolio at appropriate stakeholder levels. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead one of the local application sub-teams, reporting to the local applications manager, creating synergy and collaboration with the other sub-teams, as well as with account team and equipment teams.
- Ensure operational excellence to achieve agreed internal and external targets and customer performance in resource efficient way.
- Continuously drives efficiency and quality; initiates and leads improvement processes for local organization and world-wide applications community.
- Build an organization of technical leadership and teamwork that offers employees the opportunity to excel their growth potential through active performance management, coaching, and structured people development on training.
- Supervise technical progress of the team and their technical presentations, and drive organizational solutions finding and implementation of technical issues with an empowered team.
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Develop and drive autonomously a project plan and chase a successful execution with regular updates to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate customer on-product issues into a potential lithography or metrology opportunities and drive to resolve roadblocks within the organization to maximize the adoption of ASML products.
- Participate with the account team in translation and execution of strategic account roadmaps into operational execution plans.
- Meet with internal and external customers to maintain two-way level of commitment to keep all involved and affected parties informed of progress.
- Drive, evaluate and develop customer requirements for existing products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Partner with recruitment and management to identify hiring needs, succession planning and budget.
Education and experience
- Msc, PhD or equivalent experience.
- Litho fab experience is preferred.
- Experience is costumer facing role is required.
- Semiconductor industry experience >5 yrs.
- Min of 3 yrs of people management experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.