CS EUV Mechanical Install Engineer
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
The System Integration Engineer is expected to calibrate and qualify the machine on site, according to a pre-defined test-sequence similar to the tests that have previously been performed in Veldhoven. Work with coworkers, and the customer in isolating and solving problems. Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions. Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis. Calibrate and qualify semiconductor lithographic capital equipment.
The mission of this position is to install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Mechanical Install Engineer is expected to assemble and qualify the machine on site, according to procedure in a pre-defined sequence.
- Install and de-installing ASML Machines in a clean room environment.
- De-crating, transporting, and assembling high-tech lithography machines into the semiconductor fab.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when appropriate.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Work with coworkers and the customer in isolating and solving problems.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports.
- Provide if appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
- Perform complex adjustments, perform upgrades, diagnose and solve problems with limited support.
- Prepare written technical reports if required.
- The expectation for this position is to have the employee support all ASML platforms.
Education and experience
- Preference, BS degree in an engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience in a high tech production or customer service environment, e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace or automotive engineering.
- Proven affinity with assembling and troubleshooting is essential.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- An interest in other technical processes. Self-sufficient.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Stress resistant.
- Analytical thinker.
- Able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Good communication skills with focus on reporting, understanding, influencing and supporting.
- Awareness of various cultural differences.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Role at the Customer Site
- Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with mechanical and electrical equipment. The manager, supervisor and/or lead engineers set technical direction. Ability totravel up to 80%both domestic and international, workflexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.