Staff Software Engineer, Tools and Delivery (remote)
About the Team
Slack’s Developer Productivity team creates tools and manages processes that improve the lives of every developer working on our product. The work we do increases safety and the speed that value is delivered to our customers. Our tools are critical to each developer’s workflow and provide a consistent toolset for reliable software delivery.
Software Engineers at Slack work in a highly collaborative environment, and that is particularly true within Developer Productivity where we are focused on improving the working lives of our fellow engineers across the company. One size does not fit all so please bring your bag of tricks and ability to teach them to others.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- Design, develop, and maintain tools and infrastructure for the release pipeline and developer productivity that align with the team and company goals
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain high-quality tools and automation processes to support continuous delivery and developer productivity
- Consult and collaborate with teams to improve processes and the delivery pipeline
What you should have
- Your career and skills with development and, or systems has been honed professionally for 7+ years
- Experience with containerization (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technology
- A firm grasp of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- You are experienced with internal tools, software delivery, and have a bias towards automation to eliminate toil
- You are a team player and get motivated by helping other engineers succeed. When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical competence
- You are motivated by helping our engineers and organization measure and increase the delivery of high-quality software
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to program managers, customer support, and other engineers are no problem for you
- You are a self-starter and problem solver encouraged by continuous improvement and learning
- A related technical degree required.
- You have good knowledge with git version control system and Github APIs
- You have experience with the cross platform desktop application release process
- You are familiar with CI/CD systems
- You have experience with cross platform release processes
- You’ve used Slack and Quip and are excited to make them better
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $166,600. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.