Sr. Software Engineer, Tools and Delivery (remote)
About the Team
Quip(Slack)’s Developer Productivity team creates tools and manages processes that improve the lives of every developer working on our product. The work we do increases safety and the speed that value is able to be delivered to our customers. Our tools are critical to each developer’s workflow and provide a consistent toolset and pipeline for reliable software delivery that we seek to continuously improve. We enjoy our work and being able to see its positive impact on the organization.
Quip(Slack) has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Writing tools that will improve the lives of everyone on the development team by reducing overhead and increasing team speed and safety
- Designing, developing, and maintaining automated release process tools and infrastructure
- Applying your experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and containerization to simplify processes for other developers and automated testing
- Negotiating with stakeholders to align tools and processes across multiple teams and organizations to reach the best outcomes
- Improving the visibility, performance, and reliability of the build and test processes
What you should have
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technology
- Experience with containerization and ability to write complex software tooling.
- Motivated by helping our engineers and organization deliver high-quality software
- Strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to program managers, customer support, and other engineers are no problem for you
- Self-starter and problem solver encouraged by continuous improvement and learning
- A related technical degree required
- A bias towards automation that compliments your disdain for toil
- Experience with serverless (AWS Lambdas, Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, etc)
- Ability to mentor and model practices for software continuous integration and continuous delivery and solid experience with build and delivery systems.
- Experience with desktop and mobile app release automation
- Experience automating metrics and data collection to provide useful dashboards
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.