Senior Engineering Manager, CSC
Senior Engineering Manager, CSC
Slack is looking for a Senior Engineering manager to lead a Product Engineering team. Slack is used daily by millions of users around the world and we can help make each one of their working lives more efficient.
This product engineering team is focused on improving and innovating on core Slack features like notifications, the sidebar, mentions, user presence and status and so much more. Our primary tech stack spans across Hack, ReactJS, Swift and Java/Kotlin.
We are looking for a leader who is customer focused, passionate about crafting a strong team culture and are excited about having a significant impact at Slack. You will drive alignment and conversations with various teams within Slack and collaborate with key technical leaders towards defining the North Star goals of the team. With that you will rally the team together, plan alongside product and execute on the roadmap partnering with engineers on the team, product managers and designers.
What you will be doing
- Build a sustainable high performing team and a work environment that's both supportive and challenging
- Be customer obsessed, partnering closely with engineers, product, design and customer experience groups to define the roadmap for the team
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team, helping them to develop into technical leaders
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders on priorities, processes, and policies
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Partner with teams across Slack on various feature rollouts and initiatives
- Help define processes and the engagement model for the team
What you should have
- You have ~2 years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints to make rapid decisions in a multifaceted and quickly-growing company
- You have enough technical experience to discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- You are highly organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments.
- You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to proactively identify dependencies and engage the respective leads
- Bonus or Nice to have: Familiarity working with Agile software development lifecycle
- Bonus or Nice to have: experience with messaging apps.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, Minorities, Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.