Data Management Analyst
Introduction to the job
ASML has grown by a factor of 2 in the past five years. This kind of scaling affects our own organization, but also the way we work with suppliers. We are increasingly dependent on our ability to leverage enterprise / business process data from internal business systems and applications, from suppliers, and from customers to run, optimize, and improve our business operations and services. The collection, processing, enrichment, and consumption of this data is essential to improving our business processes, drive operational performance improvements and continuously increase efficiencies in customer service and business operations.
The mission of this position is to understand, extend, and enable consumption of the ASML enterprise / business process data foundation in order to realize business benefits and improvements to support our aggressive business growth and new requirements in business insight, business capabilities, and integration as well as technical data volume, data processing, and trusted data enablement for ASML Sourcing and Supply Chain organization.
The selected candidate will be part of the Analytics and Business Support team within the S&SC organization in the US and be responsible for the understanding the business users’ way of working with data, the user interfaces they use for data collection and the data blending that takes place behind the scene and enables the analytics that provide feedback towards the business users. Simply put, they will own the “reporting landscape” and focus on getting the data from source towards the consumption layer. This hands-on solution architect will combine deep technical knowledge of existing ERP systems and ASML data warehousing tools with clear communication skills to drive the changes needed to ensure data quality from source towards consumption.
ASML is a crucial player in a fast moving semiconductor industry which means change is a constant.
Role and responsibilities
The Business Process Analyst is the primary point of contact working with business stakeholders and technical resources alike to assess requirements and identify the best solution that will deliver sustainable results. Once defined, the solution will be implemented through process improvement on the data side or the business side. The deliverable will typically include change management that requires clear communication, documentation and possibly training in order to deliver full value.
- Interview business stakeholders and synthesizes their data quality issues into clear process improvements, in particular as they relate to the management of data between source systems and warehousing systems.
- Reverse engineer existing processes and design comprehensive data management solutions that enable the integration of all US based source systems into single sources of truth but manage intermediate solutions that enable the business stakeholders to effectively run their teams.
- Create functional and technical specifications for the solution (incl. cleansing/migration strategy when needed) then drive their completion within the technical teams and collaboration with business leads.
- Understand and translate business process changes into clear direction for ERP configurations and operational instructions documentation.
- Create and maintain work instructions, procedures and product data quality solutions.
- Facilitate the alignment of IT projects with business goals and objectives when they impact the S&SC organization in the US.
- Confer with technical or functional experts at all levels, company-wide, to obtain requirements, develop solution proposals, and coordinate implementation.
- Proactively seek opportunities that will support business goals and provide business users with alternatives that enhance business performance and efficiency.
- Actively develop, promote and apply project management techniques to assigned work and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- BS degree in Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, or related fields and a minimum of 2+ years of relevant and proven experience.
- Experience with data quality management and master data management, and their impact on business processes.
- Experience with data architecture(s) and understanding of data modeling.
- Experience with Spotfire or other Business Intelligence visualization tools is a prerequisite.
- Experience with HANA and other database management systems is a prerequisite.
- Experience with performance management, metrics, and KPI's.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can-do attitude.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and the data from transactional to analytical layers.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing data management processes and design governed ways of managing them.
- System and data security management knowledge, including the ability to identity, follow and/or improve existing access management practices.
- Data modeling documentation and design.
- Data engineering and database development knowledge.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.