Home Appliance Technical Advisor (Fontana, CA)
At LG, innovation is the foundation of everything we do. We make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING A HOME APPLIANCE TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR OUR FONTANA, CA LOCATION
The Home Appliance Technical Advisor provides in depth technical training to LG servicers as directed by LGEAI Management. Primary duties are to train new hire Direct Mobile Service Technicians (DMSTs) in Home Appliance repair including technicians from other service networks.
- Provide technical training to new hire DMSTs as often as hiring load requires.
- Provide technical training to focus groups, ASC’s and established technicians.
- Demonstrate proper technical troubleshooting, including proper use of all related test equipment and field repair techniques, along with detailed description and adherence to safety procedures.
- Tailor training materials, literature, visual aids, and other physical training aids to be used during these sessions.
- Develop and maintain technical proficiency in the complete product line through extensive group and hands-on technical training research and reverse engineering of product before initiating training.
- Work closely with factory research and development team, engineers, and local specialists to develop new training methods, materials, and dispersible content as new products warrant.
- Attend industry conventions to provide field support and training, as well as to research competitor programs and techniques for further LGEAI program improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable LG Service Policy and Procedure.
- Report any safety related developments.
- Perform product field-testing and provide quality test feedback to provide information for product improvement.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned by LGEAI headquarters management.
- Manage the training center operated by LGEAI headquarters management.
- Manage weekly Inbound Quality Control (IQC) of new product and report any quality issues
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree, (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) in Technical or Technical related
- Must have the ability to proactively monitor and manage funds and finances accurately
- High level of PC knowledge such as MS Office & possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in consumer electronics and/or appliance fields
- Technical knowledge on the sealed system repair
- Technical bench repair experience and / or technical training experience is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of working hours for business trips and training
- May require some international tracel to LG factories or other facilities
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, Inc., and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.