Senior Training Manager, Home Appliances
At LG, innovation is the foundation of everything we do. We make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING OUR NEWEST INNOVATOR TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM AS A SENIOR TRAINING MANAGER ON THE HOME APPLIANCE TEAM!
The HA Training Manager sets the overall direction for all training activity for Home Appliances, including content strategy and development, budget establishment and management and schedule management for field trainers. Collaborates with the NPI (New Product Introduction) Staff, Marketing, and Sales groups to develop the HA Training strategy: who to train, when to train, what to train them with, and how to say it. Leveraging LG product advantages, the Training Manager will work with the Training Content Manager to develop learning modules, one pagers, podcasts, and videos that will win the mindshare of retail associates and increase Home Appliance sales. The majority of time is spent managing the development and efforts of the national training team (currently 6 Trainers) and the Content Manager. Additional duties include managing the budget and strategy for the HA portion of www.reachlg.com, agency developed learning modules, giveaways, and prize incentives, as well as coordinating the HA floor staff at CES and other trade shows
- Creates the content plan and leverages the efforts of the training team and third party agencies to execute it. All material created needs to be reviewed, usually by multiple departments including but not always legal, sales, or the retail partner.
- The Training Manager and NPI Director agree on the main product advantages after attending CES. The Training manager decides how to present in modules and live trainings.
- Works closely with individual Account Executives to deliver trainings and training material that will have an immediate impact on sell through for new products or products at end of life.
- Aware of new technologies as well as new training techniques in order to keep LG competitive.
- Constantly in search of new ideas, gathered from either global partners or from inspiration found in other industries.
- The Training Manager needs to be well versed in LG's product lineup and capabilities, the Home Appliance Industry as a whole and competitive capabilities. For preparation and presentation purposes, also must know how to effectively use MS Office products, online learning, Instructional Design, and in managing a team spread out across the country.
- Regular communication with Sr. Director for support or to keep abreast of any changes in priority. Also, the training team has a weekly group meeting. Individual Trainers have bi-weekly one-on-one calls with the Manager where they set the agenda. Otherwise, the expectation is that Trainers check in with the manager at least twice weekly.Trainers will work with dealers by email and phone as needed.
- Establish a regular stream of communication with the team, both individually and as a group.
- Review a proprosed contract and negotiate the terms to meet LG corporate standards as well as coordinate with the Training strategy.
- Negotiate training times and efforts with dealers, as well as negotiate contracts with third party agencies hired to build content.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE TRAINING, PREFERABLY WITH A SPECIALIZED SKILL TO ENHANCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRAINING CONTENT: INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN DEGREE OR CERTIFICATE, PROVEN VIDEO EDITING SKILLS (WITH PORTFOLIO), EMODULE DEVELOPMENT SKILLS (IN A PROGRAM LIKE ARTICULATE). RETAIL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE REQUIRED.ABILITY TO TRAVEL (FLYING IS REQUIRED). ADDITIONAL HELPFUL SKILLS INCLUDE WRITING, DESIGN, VIDEO AND AUDIO EDITING. EXCELLENT ORGANIZATIONAL, PLANNING, PRESENTATION, AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
- Experience in analytical positions of product management, product marketing, and/or sales; forecasting experience and P&L ownership a plus
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.