Head Of Learning And Development
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier, and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components, and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar, and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership, and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work, and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits including 100% company paid premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, an employer matching 401K, eleven paid holidays per year, and paid-time off; Come join the team!
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
If you are a strategic
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LEADER
who is passionate about designing, implementing, and delivering programs that engage and develop talent, our Head of Learning and Development role may be right for you! At LG, we are committed to offering dynamic training events that produce a best-in-class employee experiences while supporting our global organizational strategy to be #1 in our industry.
In this critical and highly visible role, you will design our Learning and Development strategy and scope of initiatives for North America and act as a liaison with Global HR for Talent Development activities.
As part of our strategic HR team, you will play a significant role in our talent retention strategy while aligning with our broader talent management objectives and priorities. You will collaborate and partner with our HR Business Partner team and various business leaders to assess employee performance and design relevant and impactful organizational development programs. Additionally, you will ensure our leadership teams and employees are set up for success in the areas of career management, succession planning, leadership skills and advanced communication. By applying instructional design skills and knowledge of learning technologies and systems, you will create and execute a variety of compelling and effective training programs and events that enhance employee experience and productivity.
You will also apply a servant-leadership style to engage, mentor and measure success of your own team while managing our learning management system and budget. Reports to the Head of Talent Management, based in our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office in a hybrid role (3 days on-site).
- Minimum of 7 years of proven success in leading and executing a learning and development strategy with at least 4 years of experience in managing and developing a team.
- Expert ability to facilitate engaging and effective in-person and virtual training programs and events across diverse teams.
- Understands traditional and modern training methods or utilizes a variety of training methods (e-learning to practical training to workshops or hybrid training).
- Enhanced technical capabilities and understanding of digital transformation.
- Ability to consult with all levels of management to identify viable solutions to complex problems or obstacles that may affect employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Strong written communication skills and well-honed ability to deliver seamless presentations.
- Ability to collaborate, build and nurture relationships across various levels of the company.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated agility, business acumen, executive presence with a superior-service oriented mindset.
- Advanced MS Office skills with well-developed instructional design skills.
- Agility and an ability to identify solutions and diplomatically overcome obstacles.
- Self-directed and organized workstyle with a willingness to travel for training events as needed (25 - 30%).
- Bachelors degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.