DSP Algorithm Engineer
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components, metaverse applications and digital health solutions to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra: Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. Come join the team!
This is where you come in! Our Emerging Technology Team in Santa Clara is looking for a
CONTRACT DSP ALGORITHM ENGINEER
who will join a fast-paced team working on the development of in-house audio DSP algorithms for use as audio plug-ins.
• Develop and deliver robust DSP algorithms for audio plug-ins
• Debug and test DSP algorithms for real-time processing
• Work with DSP algorithm engineers to ensure code and algorithm performance expectations are met
• Work with sound designers to integrate audio processing into the production process and refine performance
• Actively participate in code reviews and design reviews.
• Develop verification and validation plans, and manage the execution of those plansImplement rapid SW prototypes and demonstrate the feasibility
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 8 + years of experience in DSP algorithm development • 3+ years of experience with audio plug-in development for Windows and Mac • Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C and C++ • Experience working with Visual Studio and Xcode IDEs • Experience with real-time audio capture, playback, and testing of DSP algorithms with real-time signals • Demonstrated ability to work as a team player • Strong communication skills • Experience in speech/audio algorithms, acoustics, artificial reverberation, and spatial audio • Experience with DSP concepts such as filters, short-time Fourier transform, and optimization techniques • Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology • Familiarity with VST plug-ins, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and/or AudioMulch • Experience in porting Python code to C/C++ is a strong plus
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics
Your application has been successfully submitted.