Engineer - CONTRACT
At LGE (https://www.lgcorp.com/about/companies), we deliver products and services that make lives better, easier and happier though increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics and B2B solutions to innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and vehicle components. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
INNOVATION FOR A BETTER LIFE. ALWAYS.
VS (Vehicle component Solutions) Company (https://www.lg.com/global/mobility) of LG Electronics focuses on commercializing environmentally responsible automotive components and core solutions based on LG’s proprietary technologies. A leading provider of core components for global car manufacturers, VS Company is supporting the emerging trend of the vehicle industry.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING A CONTRACT ENGINEER TO JOIN OUR TEAM AT THE SANTA CLARA, CA LOCATION.
- Regular DEV test (SDARS, HD-Radio, Online Function, RVC, Dev. Drop testing)
- Complete Infotainment test
- Manual Infotainment test e.g. Radio, Navigation, Telematics
- Utilize tracking system to report and track product defects
- Automotive testing - vehicle test/driving/test car setup, maintenance, ECU updates
- Test bench setup / ECU updates
- Vehicle variant SW coding (adaptation) and/or Diagnosis for car status analysis
- Field Test / Joint field test with OEM
- OEM Support (Frequent visiting, fixing damaged OEM's HU by update tools, SW status drive)
- Test Driving Vehicle (As needed)
- Bachelor Degree
- Ability to travel (Domestic & International)
- Valid Drivers License / Clean Record: (For test driving vehicles)
- Knowledge of:
- Test bench and vehicle setup
- System testing experience
- Experience making manual cable harnesses for component integration.
- Experience manual testing Infotainment or telematics e.g. Radio, Navigation, Telematics.
- Specifications and ability to analyze test results
- Process on how to create test cases with the appropriate test case structure
- How to interface with the bug tracking system
- Vehicle communication protocols
- Automotive testing experience - vehicle test/driving/test car setup, maintenance, business trip.
- Test vehicle retrofit/rework experienced test engineer.
- In-vehicle cable harness conversion/modification experience.
- Volkswagen or German car maintenance experience
- Automotive experience in test/implement vehicle components e.g. infotainment and/or Telematics.
- Have Fundamental knowledge in OS and SW dev. language (e.g. Linux, Windows, C++, Java, Python etc.)
- Ability to:
- Learn and adapt to new software and hardware tools and technologies
- Work across multiple disciplines (systems, embedded, server, wireless carriers, testing)
- Recognize and mitigate both technical and organizational challenges
- Desire to learn constantly and dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies
- Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, Inc.,LG Electronics Vehicle Components U.S.A., LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.