SMTS Software Development Eng.
WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
DEEP LEARNING LIBRARY GPU SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
AMD is looking for an individual to join a hardworking team developing Deep Learning and High-Performance Computing GPU kernels on the AMD Radeon Open Compute (ROCm) platform (https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform) and MIOpen, AMD's Deep Learning primitives library which provides highly-optimized implementations of different operators.
The successful person will be an experienced GPU-compute programmer with experience in LLVM compiler and an eye toward hardware-aware performance optimizations.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing high-performance GPU kernels for AMD’s Machine Learning and Deep Learning Library: MIOpen (https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform/MIOpen)
- They will be porting and optimizing algorithms for new GPU hardware
- Perform code reviews, build unit tests, author detailed documentation related to their work, and work with on-site and offshore teams to deliver the software solutions on schedule
- They will play a key role in all phases of the software development including system requirements analysis, coordinating feature design and development across functional and organizational boundaries
- Strong programming skills in C/C++; experience with CUDA programming and CUTLASS preferred
- Experience with LLVM Compiler, and compiler optimization techniques for GPU computing is preferred
- Experience or knowledge about BLAS operators and GEMM optimization.
- Knowledge of Computer Architect and GPU architect
- Experience using version control software such as Git
- Strong understanding of Linux internals, Servers, and Debugging
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle, SW practices including debugging, test, revision control, documentation, and bug tracking
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently and within complementary teams
- Demonstrate flexibility, strong motivation, and a proven track record of meeting results-oriented deadlines
- Knowledge with deep neural network machine learning technologies and modern machine learning programming frameworks
- Experience working with and developing virtualization containers and package managers for code deployment
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related discipline preferred
Santa Clara, CA
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.