Parts Planning Analyst
Gathers and analyzes data from various Systems, in order to forecast trends and have inventory readily available for Quick Response Locations, Regional Parts Centers, 3rd Party Service Providers, and Service Technicians. Responsible for generating and compiling multiple reporting where based on findings, deploy inventory to improve our parts supply chain delivery times and fill ratios in the most cost effective means possible. Review and update planning parameters, meeting with and presenting that information to the appropriate departments, as well as creating internal orders or external purchase orders to complete the process.
- Maintain a advanced level of Customer Satisfaction when supporting Field Service, other departments, vendors, suppliers, and end customers using all system platforms available.
- Performs analysis on inventory levels, aging and turns. Identifies order strategies, supply routes, problem areas and proposes corrective actions.
- Prepares, delivers and analyzes reports/systems to maximize efficiencies of existing systems and strategies. Continually improving methods to eliminate potential troubled areas for our Quick Response Locations, Regional Parts Centers, or Technician.
- Interfaces with vendors/suppliers to better improve Canon Solutions America’s Supply chain.
- Purchases from vendors/suppliers based on projects, reporting, or systems, for assigned locations that meet departmental goals and targets for fill ratio.
- Monitors/analyzes inventory reports, and or Planning Systems, to maintain proper re-order points at all stocking locations, meeting inventory level and fill ratio targets.
- Create reports that provide analysis of trends, using that information to make inventory stocking recommendations for Field Service Technicians. Setting up meetings with Service to review those reports in-depth and getting their input on correct inventory levels for each Technician.
- Confirm the accuracy of invoices, bills and charges relative to the shipment of goods and resolve any discrepancies found.
- Work with Product Support on product launches, quality recalls, alternate sourcing and unexpected demand.
- Coordinate items flow from source and within network, modify as needed
- Analyze QRL inventory position based on MIF, urgency, and parts cost.
- Document suggested procedure/systematic improvements that will elevate team productivity/efficiencies for Manager to review
- Provide direct support to Service taking as many phone calls, as quickly as possible, using the monitored phone system as requested by Manager.
- Monitor, review and respond to emails, and emails in the group mailbox, from Field Service, Vendors, Suppliers, and other departments as quickly as possible.
- Perform any, and all, responsibilities of a Parts Support Rep, or Mission Critical Parts Expeditor as directed to by Manager
- Provide training and Parts Support Representatives, Mission Critical Parts Coordinators, or Parts Planning Analysts.
- Completed all tasks, projects and functions assigned by Manager
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Minimal travel as requested to support business goals and objectives (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.csa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/csa/company/companycareers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.csa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/csa/company/companycareers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're passionate about digital imaging, from cameras to printers and copiers, too!