Tech, National Support I-NCA
Ensures specific products and technology programs are executed into the field effectively while maintaining ongoing product quality and services to all stakeholders. Provides technical advice to peers and customers when addressing escalations, installations, testing, upgrades or modifications.
Boca Raton Based Opportunity
- Provides ongoing third-level technical support to field engineers and troubleshoots problems on equipment.
- Assists in field support for new product introductions & installations.
- Tests instruction on new adjustments, repairs, upgrades and troubleshooting procedures.
- Assists in auditing accounts/equipment for performance and ensures proper maintenance, reports on others work to ensure it meets company standards, and reports findings on the SAR.
- Escalates issues in a timely manner that minimizes customer downtime.
- Informs CSA Management on escalation status.
- Frequently utilizes SAR, imPACT, RCCA and CRM, Maintenance Assist, Remote Assist & ADAM.
- Maintains and updates problem records and reports any resolved/unresolved problems.
- Assists in organizing and disseminates information so that other engineers can perform their duties more efficiently.
- Assists in creating documents and inputs updated technical information to maintain knowledge database, Core Competencies/technical publications.
- Leads other engineers in the use of tools, working methods, and technical tips to improve performance.
- Troubleshoots MICR issues and answers MICR related questions.
- Ensures all tasks, regardless of owner, are completed in a timely fashion (RCCA).
- Completes Bundle upgrades confidently and in a timely manner.
- Must understand and show competence in Media related issues and be able to discuss the interaction between Ink & Media.
- Full understanding of ORS and utilizes its dashboard functionality on a regular basis.
- Assists in maintaining ongoing product quality.
- Monitors product performance, works with filed resources to achieve and improve targets.
- Interfaces with development, factory engineers or third party vendors for technical information.
HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required, plus 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Some college with Electrical or Mechanical area of study.
- Field service experience, including printer knowledge and testing and/or diagnostic applications.
- Advanced computer skills (networking, multi operating system, windows server, Linux etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of TDM print market.
- May require up to 70% travel (both domestic and Internationally), including overnights (valid driver's license, passport, and acceptable driving record necessary).
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 environment, perform shift work, and do on-call rotations is required.
- Required to take all necessary steps to obtain security and/or other clearances required by customers to enter the customers' premises.
- Technical certifications such as A+, Network+, or MCSE are highly desired.
- Advanced color certification.
- Knowledge of PLC / Control software preferred.
- Knowledge of digital workflows in a color environment desired.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than 50% of the time. (Walking, standing, stooping/kneeling). Ability to work entire shift while standing with occasional rest.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.csa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/csa/company/companycareers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.csa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/csa/company/companycareers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're passionate about digital imaging, from cameras to printers and copiers, too!