Supervisor, Employee Development & Talent Acquisition
The Employee Development & Talent Acquisition Supervisor develops, administers and implements programs that support the long term improvement of employees’ professional skills, enabling them to fulfill their potential within the organization, while meeting the company’s strategic objectives. Additionally, this role is responsible for supervising the Talent Acquisition Team towards meeting hiring goals. This includes identifying effective sourcing strategies, modifying the pre-hire assessment tools or interview style(s) and recognizing when continuous process improvements to the recruiting process are necessary.
- Meets with management to identify, develop, and implement professional development programs
- Brainstorms with employees to coach towards career development
- Facilitates team building workshops, exercises, or programs to enhance the cohesiveness of teams. May partner with CUSA L&D Team.
- Provides coaching to leaders and executives on organizational growth (360 Feedback)
- Identifies and creates a leadership development program to ensure all leaders and potential leaders have the necessary skills to succeed (Succession Planning)
- Participates in the identification and development of a competency model to be used throughout various organizational programs
- Reviews the curriculum for in-house personal development workshops created by TA Team
- Devise a strategy to support DE&I efforts within the organization, to include webinars in conjunction with corporate headquarters
- Responsible for developing a formalized mentor program for Exempt and Non-Exempt employees
- Responsible for end-to-end recruiting process for exempt positions (internal and/or external)
- Prepare annual Affirmative Action Plan
- Administer the Mid-Year and Annual Performance Develop Plan process (PDP)
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience in Talent Acquisition and Employee/Professional Development
- 3 years experience within an employee development function, including coaching for performance and curriculum design
- Strong project and time management skills, ability to multitask and be flexible
- Preference in the leadership development and/or Human Resources
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong listening and analytical skills necessary
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and work well under pressure
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
Canon Information Technology Services, Inc. - The environment at Canon ITS is energetic and diverse. Our team is comprised of a wide variety of people in positions that help our employees grow and develop their careers.
Statement of Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity
Canon is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status, unless a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our commitment is to assure full opportunity for all employees in order that they may achieve their highest potential and to assure progressive employment practices that conform to the letter and spirit of federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities. Canon’s policy is to:
Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
Base decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Ensure that promotion decisions are made in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements for promotional opportunities.
Ensure that all other personnel actions (such as compensation benefits, transfers, layoffs, company sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreation programs) will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
Workplace Accommodation Request - HR Accessibility - Reasonable Accommodation
Canon I.T.S. is committed to the employment and advancement of qualified disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Canon I.T.S., please call our Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752, Eastern time from within the US. For all other reasonable accommodation requests, please call 757-579-7127. You will be asked to provide information on the open position you are applying for online and the details on the reasonable accommodation you are requesting.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Canon ITS is a tobacco-free work environment.
Notice to Recruiting Firms/Agencies
Canon ITS typically recruits candidates directly, rather than through a third party recruiting firm or agency. Canon ITS will pay a recruiting fee only when a candidate is submitted for consideration to our company through our applicant tracking system, by direct invitation of Canon ITS, and if Canon ITS has a contract with the recruiter.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, click here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're passionate about digital imaging, from cameras to printers and copiers, too!