Canon U.S.A. Inc., headquartered in Melville, Long Island seeks a Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance division. In this role, you will be responsible for operating, controlling and reviewing daily financial transactions for Canon USA and its subsidiaries. These include bank reconciliations, forecasting cash flow, budget, performing cash transactions between banks and monitoring subsidiaries finance operations. Additionally, incumbent will support various projects.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
- Reconcile cash accounts on a daily basis and prepare daily cash position
- Manage communications with banks for daily investments
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly journal entries for expense allocation and accruals
- Monitor departmental and product division expenses through internal reporting
- Perform various analytics as it pertains to cash flow, forecast and collections
- Maintain and reconcile Inter-company loans on a weekly basis
- Reconcile and prepare bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Manage bank fees
- Develop and maintain KPI's
- Provide support as it pertains to Canon’s budget submission
- Gather, analyze and prepare recommendations as it pertains to financial requirements and operating forecasts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial concepts for cash flow planning and control.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Accounting or Finance) or equivalent experience required, plus 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, budgeting and computer systems.
- Heavy use of Microsoft Excel at expert level (v-look-ups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience using Hyperion Smart View, preferred.
- Treasury management system, preferred.
- Experience with ERP Systems such as Oracle or SAP, preferred.
- Candidate should have strong analytic skills and be a self-starter.
The Company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're passionate about digital imaging, from cameras to printers and copiers, too!