Senior Full Stack Developer – TELUS Digital
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Developer for the Commerce team, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process
- Knowledge about database management and architecture
- Understand what technologies other teams are using
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team based collaborative environment.
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Experience with reviewing Pull Requests
- Proven experience with React and Redux (or other state management libraries)
- Proven experience with backend development (Node.js)
- Proven experience with client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest)
- Experience collaborating in an agile environment alongside designers, analysts, and product owners
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, New Relic)
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with Contentful CMS
- Experience with micro-frontend architecture and frameworks, e.g. Storybook
- Experience with Inclusive development and a11y best practices.
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices
About TELUS Digital
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.