Software Development Engineer 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Yocto/Applications group is a fast paced and dynamic group with a charter to deliver high quality “go to market” solutions including collateral like Reference Designs/Platforms, Demos and Application Notes targeting key markets including Video, Vision, Industrial, Robotics and emerging areas like Machine Learning. The team is also actively engaged in solving customer issues and enhancing customer experience.
We are looking for a candidate with experience and strong skills in System Software and Applications development. The candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering Software Components of Reference Designs/Platforms, Applications and Solutions working with a cross-functional team on enhancing the customer experience for our adaptive SoC and SoM product lines.
- Develop key Software Components of Reference Designs/Platforms and Solutions working collaboratively with teams comprising of system, hardware and software engineers
- Participate in architecture and framework definitions for software components of platforms and solutions
- Develop and review critical customer facing documentation (User Guides, Application Notes, White Papers) to enhance user experience
- Participate in and resolve critical customer support cases in software applications
- Experience with heterogenous ARM-based SoC architectures and/or System on Modules (SoM)
- Understanding/Experience developing Embedded Software, Linux kernel/drivers or System Software desired
- Knowledge of Linux heterogeneous memory management, multi-processor synchronization and communication.
- Experience in developing software applications optimized for embedded devices
- Experience with C/C++, python, bash or similar programming languages
- Experience with Time Sensitive Networking (TSN), Robot Operating System (ROS), drives control a plus
- Knowledge of / Experience with Multimedia, Vision, Machine Learning applications a plus
- Experience with FPGAs and Xilinx tools a plus
- Experience with Yocto / OpenEmbedded a plus
- BS with 2+ years experience desired or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related equivalent
San Jose, CA
Requisition Number: 169828
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.