Software Development Director - Software optimization for GPU products
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
We are looking for a strong technical leader to manage a team of highly skilled engineers to optimize 3D drivers for games and other use cases on wide range of AMD GPU products. A successful candidate needs to have an established background in managing a software engineer team working on CPU or GPU optimization or 3D graphics development in a fast paced environment. This position involves working with software and hardware engineering teams to optimize use cases and influence future hardware design.
We are searching for a motivatited leader with passion and experience in performance optimization in game graphics and GPU computing.
- Manage an engineering team including staffing, mentoring, performance review, goal setting, and career development
- Lead the team focusing on 3D driver (DX12, Vulkan, DX11, OpenGL) optimization for games on AMD graphics products and providing performance optimization guidance to ISV teams
- Provide technical guidance to the team and improve optimization workflow
- Have technical insight to guide priorities and translate asks into actions
- Understand and present the technical status to upper managers, peers, and engineer teams
- 10+ years in leading CPU or GPU optimization or 3D graphics driver development
- Knowledge of CPU and GPU architecture and experience in GPGPU programming technologies
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- PhD or MS or BS in Compute Science or related disciplines
Santa Clara, CA
Requisition Number: 179341
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.