Senior Software Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Sr. Software Development Engineer - Display Solutions
The AMD Display Solutions Team is seeking talents to help develop new SW features, bring-up new video cards and take care of the quality of our Display driver. This role offers the opportunity to show off your technical skills such as kernel debugging, solving complex engineering problems and architecting new C/C++ code.
In this position you will be working as a member of a high-performing agile team, which will have you working with everyone from SW architects to interns. If you thrive in fast paced, technically challenging environments, where You get to work on a variety of different engineering problems, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- You possess a specialized knowledge plus a broader technical knowledge that facilitates integrative thinking.
- Your duty might include responsibility for projects or processes of significant technical importance and for results in own area and interdependencies of related areas.
- You are capable of leading development and implementation; solve complex, novel, and non-recurring problems and improve existing processes/methods.
- You can influence technical decisions that have a significant impact on final product.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring less experienced staff as well as influence others as a technical leader
- You can assume the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives
- Design and development of new cutting-edge display technologies (ie: USB4, TBT3, FreeSyncTM, HDR, high resolution displays, etc.)
- Participating in new ASIC and hardware bring up
- Debugging and fixing existing driver issues
- Contribute to software process improvements, take care of driver maintainability, testability, diagnostic tools, and documentation
- C/C++ development background
- Experienced in low level driver development and hardware programming
- Kernel mode debugging
- Multimedia processing
- Video display protocols
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering degree is required as follows:
- BA or BS plus 3-5 years or
- MS plus 1-3 years of relevant experience
Requisition Number: 178902
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Your application has been successfully submitted.