Senior Software Development Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Senior Software Development Engineer
Great opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer career professional to join an elite team to develop ongoing solutions in the Adaptive & Embedded Computing Group (AECG) division of AMD semiconductor. AMD’s new hardware programmable SoC FPGAs and Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP) deliver most dynamic processor technology and are achieving record performances in Data Center, Wireless/5G, Automotive/ADAS and Emulation applications.
These new applications, and heterogeneous computing architecture introduces new challenges in compilation, particularly in placement and routing. AMD’s Software Implementation Tools team addresses these challenges.
AMD is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join an innovative team to work on the next-gen DFX technology. The person will play a key role for the FPGA Software Implementation Tools team, with responsibility to research and develop novel algorithms and techniques to compile user applications on Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) with the goal of achieving high performance and flexibility in FPGA Reconfiguration field.
As a part of this team, you will work on evaluating new FPGA architectures and its impact on existing EDA tools and develop new algorithms with the aim of improving Ease of Use, Quality of Results (QoR), Compile Time, and Memory Usage by orders of magnitude. You will also be interacting with the field and customers, helping them meet their requirements.
- Innovate and develop novel algorithms in DFX, Place and Route to get multi-fold performance improvements (QoR, Compile Time, Memory Usage)
- Innovate and develop novel approach in DFX to significantly improve Ease of Use
- Interact with Customers, helping them converge on their critical design needs
- Engage with Tech Marketing and Applications Engineering to understand customer needs, and accordingly architect new features
- Work with Architecture team to design next-gen FPGA and ACAP solutions
- Expertise in EDA algorithms and C++ Programming
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid foundation in data structures, graph theory and software engineering with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience in Embedded System development is a plus
- Experience in Hardware Testing and Verification is a plus
- Knowledge of FPGA, Machine Learning or Python is a plus
- Experience implementing multi-threaded and multi-process systems is a plus
- Experience in Python, TCL and other equivalent language is a plus
- Knowledge of Digital Design and FPGA is a plus
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related equivalent, PhD desired, but not required
San Jose, Ca.
Requisition Number: 182726
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.