Global Head of PC Marketing
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Global Head of PC Marketing
AMD is looking for a key leadership position on its Worldwide Marketing team reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer to lead Global PC Marketing. This role will focus on driving aggressive growth of AMD based notebooks, desktops, and workstations in the commercial and consumer space, powered by the award-winning AMD Ryzen and AMD Threadripper brands. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with excellent leadership and executive communication skills. This is a fast-paced environment working with passionate colleagues at the top of their game.
You are an experienced leader with a growth mindset and hunger for challenges. Your excellent communication skills and executive presence are key to your ability to influence decisions at the highest level. You are naturally curious with sharp critical thinking and a keen attention to details. Your ability to balance short-term objectives with long-range planning allow you to navigate change and ambiguity with ease.
- Create strong business partnerships with Sales, Business Units, and Marketing leadership
- Lead a team of marketers focused on growing share through effective storytelling and cross-functional initiatives
- Work closely with the business units to create appropriate, timely deliverables for the various audiences, which includes both end-users as well as Channel and OEM partners and ecosystems
- Develop and implement strategic positioning and messaging platforms, execute marketing plans, and define budgetary parameters
- Plan collaboratively with the world’s leading PC and workstation OEMs and across AMD sales and marketing teams to develop high impact, mutually beneficial programs
- Define campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies, creative deliverables, timeline, and ROI measurement; secure executive and regional support
- Drive cross-functional teams to execute key campaign strategies, tactics and deliverables
- Own the annual budget process for global PC marketing and oversee all client marketing budgets
- Drive regular communications to track status and measurement
- Create and manage execution of supporting campaign creative materials, including commercial PC digital pipeline marketing
- Own alignment to OEM cycle timelines and drive cross-functional deliverables to enable partner usage of AMD messaging and strategy
- Extensive marketing experience, including marketing leadership experience; semiconductor, PC, or server marketing industry experience preferred
- Dynamic executive presence with strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience in a strategic-management role, partnering with and influencing executive staff and functional leaders
- Proven ability to create new strategic programs that break with conventional thinking
- Experience working and problem solving independently, organizing workload and priorities, and completing tasks on time
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with senior leadership teams with little guidance
- High level skills in MS Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with building, mentoring and coaching a global team
- Excellent communicator with the ability to write succinct reports and presentations at the executive level
- Brings new ideas to the table and seeks continuous improvements for self and organization
- Ability to align marketing to business objectives, turning technical information into marketing messages
- A track record in establishing rapport, credibility, and influence across all parts of the organization through strategic partnerships with leadership and stakeholders
- Comfortable making sound decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or imperfect information
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing desired
Austin, TX preferred
Requisition Number: 142221
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Marketing
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.