Sr. Manager PC Client Sales Strategy
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Sr. Manager PC Client Sales Strategy
We are looking for our next team member, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Worldwide MNC Sales Strategy and Planning, to drive growth in AMD’s Commercial, Consumer and Gaming PC businesses. Partnering with AMD Sales team, Business Unit and Sales Strategy teams to engage with top OEM’s, distributors, and resellers to increase market share and revenue. Identifying market opportunities, recommend sales & marketing programs across the different regions, and recommend regional funding, and ensuring coordinated execution between the Sales, Business Unit, Marketing and Finance teams.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to talk!
Our successful team member should have strong leadership skills, able to build partnerships across a variety of teams/channels, global partnerships/relationships, and a positive, go-get outlook. The ideal candidate will welcome challenges and be passionate about finding new ways to succeed.
Business, industry, and sales acumen within the Client PC Sales and Marketing space is critical; familiarity with the dynamics of a sales environment and culture is imperative.
- Strategic Approach: Leadership across the Client PC space, where you’ll be looked to as the SME for GTM strategy. Having a pulse on the market, a deep understanding of the sales cycle/processes and a proven track record of structuring and conducting analyses to generate insight and recommendations to increase sales/market share.
- Follow Through: The ability to power through daily challenges to execute and finish the job.
- Execution: This is a fast-paced role that requires quick action, constant communication, and never-ending drive for improvement.
- Communication: Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to connect with a wide range of audiences, including executives and customers.
- Program & Budget Management: Proven success leading all aspects of large sales & marketing programs, including the associated budget
- Lead OEM design planning for 24-36 months
- Evaluate product and pricing requirements for LRP success
- Responsible for Internal QBRs, Account Reviews, and OEM planning cycle
- Develop KPIs on OEM investments (NRE, Activate, Advantage)
- Integrate OEM planning with GTM cycle planning
- Managing Executive communications for the WW MNC team
- Expand AMD’s PC working with Sales, Marketing and Channel Partners (Distributors and NSP’s/VARs) to grow AMD’s volume in the channel through a combination of product, sales, and marketing improvements.
- Create the business planning framework to build business goals, align on go-to-market activities & investments, and track measurement of critical metrics.
- Provide market insight and heatmaps to identify new business opportunities.
- Execute sales strategies for targeted growth in the PC and Server Market, through collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams.
- Oversee and track Sales programs and budgeted investment dollars.
- Strike the balance between influencing the desired behaviors across the sales team, while enforcing governance and good disciplines when required.
- INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: Proven senior relative experience in the semiconductor industry, PC industry and technology in general
- PAST ROLES: Sales Strategy & Business Planning supporting global sales teams (and/or Sales Support, Sales, etc.)
- PRODUCT EXPERIENCE: PC client and/or server/datacenter
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Large OEM’s, IT Channel and/or Semiconductor
BS/MS degree in Business; MBA or equivalent working experience is a plus
Requisition Number: 186701
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Business Management
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.