Intermediate Full Stack Developer- TELUS Digital
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
More specifically, you will support the front-end web experiences and technical health of our applications (ex: page speed performance) in TELUS Digital - Home Solutions. Working within a highly collaborative team, you will use your experience to take customer user stories to develop components in order to bring our web experiences to the next level, while following standards and best practices. Your curiosity and courage to innovate in an agile environment will enable us to implement enhancements and contribute to A/B tests that will drive sales and customer experience optimizations in order to provide the best web experiences to users.
We build front-end, client facing user interfaces, using a combination of React.JS, styled-components (to handle our CSS), and Jest to ensure our code has unit test coverage. Our applications are isomorphic through the use of React server side rendering. We have a central Design System that influences and shapes our components and includes a library of elementary components we can leverage. We constantly update our web applications, including SiteBuidler, our CMS driven, internally built page builder, that enables us to compose pages with any required layout and design. We work closely as a team, collaborating between Product Owner, Visual and UX designers, QA, Content Editors and Managers and developers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
- Knowledge about database management and architecture.
- Understand what technologies other teams are using.
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Proficient in React and Redux
- Strong experience with client-side testing (we use Jest)
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
- Ability to mentor other junior developers
- Strong experience in React.js and JSX / HTML
- Strong experience in writing unit tests, preferably in Jest (or Mocha / Chai)
- Experience in working with a design system
- Experience with CI pipelines
- Node.js server-side experience
- Rest API or GraphQL experience
- Contentful experience
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.