Director – Technology Strategy & Business Transformation
Edmonton, AB, Canada Remote
Ready to drive strategy?
As the Director of Strategy, you will leverage your exceptional leadership capabilities and business/financial acumen to help develop competitive business strategies and drive operational excellence across our team. At the core of your talents is your innate ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing. Reporting to the VP - Future Friendly Home Services you will help define strategic direction on technology services, perform cost benefit or revenue generation analysis, develop business cases, lead program management and operational performance evaluations, and prepare executive-level communications.
Business Unit Spotlight
The Technology Strategy & Business Transformation (TSBT) team is creating the next-generation technology roadmap and delivering best in class network and technology solutions to enable a superior customer experience. TSBT is at the forefront of developing new and innovative technologies and services that will transform the way we deliver solutions to our customers based on the next generation of cloud-native technologies and client applications. TSBT is also responsible for evolving TELUS’ business models, supply chain and technology investments which will enable our customers to receive the fastest access to the newest services.
- Provide direction and leadership including
- Identifying new customer needs and quantifying market sizes based on early data collection and evaluations
- Distilling advanced technical concepts into revenue-generating business opportunities
- Developing scenario-based analysis and recommendations into viable business cases
Program Management and Performance Evaluation
- Translate strategy into initiatives and executable actions including project development, operational reviews, scorecard metrics
- Track key market shifts and trends for impacts and opportunities
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations based on benchmarking
- Communicate vision, strategy and roadmaps
- Collaborate with technical innovators to prepare and present winning business cases
- Create first-class executive presentations
Required Skills and Abilities
- Financial Whiz: strong business and financial acumen with experience using financial modelling skills to create strong business cases
- Strategic Consultant: proven ability to develop and execute competitive strategy-from creation to tactical implementation
- Big Picture Thinker: advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Master Communicator: strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create powerful presentations and key messaging for executive level audiences
- Great Collaborator: able to forge strong partnerships throughout the organization and influence executives and teams without direct authority
- Project Manager: proven track record of driving project management expertise and leading multiple simultaneous complex initiatives
- Google & MS Office: Advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint
Required Professional Designation
- Bachelor’s degree with an MBA or equivalent education and experience (Finance preferred)
- Program / Project Management training an asset
- Consulting experience with knowledge of telecom 7 to 10 years of experience in professional services consulting, or a senior leadership role with a complex corporate environment
- Proven program management experience
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.